Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 Reflection


I don't have an elaborate reflection this year as I have in years past, but I will say this:  I continue to be so thankful for my family, my friends, my home, and my health.

2013 was an interesting year.  In some ways, I think it flew by faster than any other year before it.  In other ways, it seemed to drag on.  As we adjust into our "family life", (with less vacations to look forward to and more responsibilities each and every day), it was easy for us to settle into a pattern where every day felt like the day before it.  But this was not necessarily a bad thing!

It was a year of spending a lot of down time.  With a toddler, it's often a lot easier to stay at home - so we did a LOT more cooking (obviously) instead of eating meals out.  We absolutely loved having friends and family over for dinner this year, which continues to be one of my favorite ways to celebrate a weekend.  I can count on one hand the amount of times we interrupted Ben's nap schedule, so on weekends you could usually find us at home together between 12:30 and 3 or 4 pm.  Ben and I took countless walks together.  There is an excellent 3+ mile loop for us that we would do at least 3 times a week, often ending up at the grocery store to pick up a last minute item for dinner or returning a red box movie.

The last week of December was spent cleaning out closets, donating unused items, and utilizing the space in our attic to store items we only use rarely.  I love the feeling of going into the new year with a lot less clutter!

My goal for 2014 is for it to bring a little more: Adventure, patience, date nights, reading and yoga....

...and a little less: sleep (for me), iPad (for Ben), and spending (in general).

Cheers to a brand new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment