Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013



I absolutely love being able to host Thanksgiving at our house.  Actually getting up early and preparing the meal really helps me be a little more patient in waiting to eat it :)

Although, it's not officially Thanksgiving until I have snuck a forkful (or 4) of my mom's stuffing.


In the morning, Greg and I took Ben up to the middle school track and we got a quick run in.  It was nice to be outside on such a crisp and cold day knowing that soon our bellies would be warm and full :)

I made a loaf of bread:


I used some of the baby shower decor to decorate the table :)  Thanks, Maureen!


I had seen some really cute place setting ideas in Better Homes and Gardens.

Ben got a turkey leg:


We all got turkeys:





Ben ended up going down for a lonnnnng nap right as we sat down to eat.  He wasn't interested in eating ANY part of our meal.  Annoying.  But he woke up with the cutest cowlick:


Other than eating, we played with toys and watched football and drank a LOT of wine that evening!

It was such a fun holiday -  I already am looking forward to Christmas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment