Sunday, December 1, 2013

Meal planning: Week of December 3rd

Review from last week:

This chicken tortilla soup recipe is becoming a family favorite.  This time, I let Ben join me in dumping all of the ingredients into the crock pot and he loved every minute of it.



Boboli pizza - always easy and good.



More on Thanksgiving in another post, but our meal was so delicious and effortless this year!  I highly recommend giving this crock pot turkey breast a try.  We also made prosciutto garlic green beans, regular old mashed potatoes (and then added lemon juice, minced garlic and garlic powder) and I baked a loaf of my homemade bread.  Yum!  My mom brought over stuffing (easily one of my top 5 dishes of all time), sangria cranberry sauce and candied yams, which I just learned was my Grandma Brown's recipe:

Candied Yams or Sweet Potatoes
From Grandma Brown

Heat 2 cups water and 1 cube butter until butter is melted.  Mix together 1 cup brown sugar and 3 tablespoons corn starch.  Put through a sieve so there are no lumps.  Add to water and butter.  Stir over low heat until thickened.  Pour over cooked yams ( sliced thin) and 2 apples ( sliced thin  - optional) in casserole dish and bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees.


The night before Thanksgiving, we were invited to join Dan, Jeannette, Laryd and a few other family members to celebrate Jeannette's birthday at the Spaghetti Factory!  Nothing like carbing up before the big feast, right?  It was really fun and especially nice not to have to cook on Wednesday.

Me and the birthday girl:


Laryd entertaining Ben with a rousing game of peek-a-boo:


Ice-cream!



Here is what we have planned for this week:

Saturday:  BLT chopped salad with feta, corn and avocado - Our favorite dish from the summer.  We had it last night and made extra to have for lunch today.


Monday: Chicken Paillard.  (Is it obvious I am trying to counter all of the stuffing we I consumed last week?


Tuesday: Chicken Pot Pie

Wednesday: French dip sandwiches - no recipe, just roast beef on a roll and a packet of au jus

Thursday: Left overs.

Friday: Creamy tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment