Friday, December 6, 2013

Meal Planning: Week of December 9th

Review from last week:

Nothing special or new to review, and just a couple pictures:

Chicken Paillard (yum):



French dip sandwiches and apples:



Here is what we have planned for next week:

Monday: Carnitas (Costco) over shredded cabbage.

Tuesday: Toasted Quiona Salad with Scallops - This is one of the (very) few dishes I used to make back before I really cooked much.  Greg LOVES it, and we haven't had quinoa in awhile, so it sounds like a good recipe to do again!

Wednesday:  I have a staff meeting and a work dinner, so I'm going to encourage Greg to pick up Wendy's and try the Pretzel Pub Burger he has been drooling over for a month.  (Or have left overs) :)

Thursday: Brown Sugar and Balsalmic Glazed Pork Loin

Friday: Chicken Parmesean and Broccoli with Browned Butter and Mizithra Cheese.  We are having Shauna, Brandon and Bronson over for dinner!

Saturday: Left Overs

Sunday: Italian Sausage Spaghetti - This is another recipe that I made a lot before I knew what I was doing in the kitchen.  My friend Shauna emailed it to me and I remember asking her really novice questions like "how many noodles do I make to go with this???.  Also, please note how specific she had to be about where I would find the Italian cheese.  LOL.


Spaghetti noodles
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 lb. hot italian sausage
Mushrooms
White onion
Garlic Powder
Fresh herbs (optional): basil or oregano
Fresh garlic
8 oz italian cheese blend shredded (you'll see it hanging in the cheese aisle..it's just kraft or store brand)
Directions
Cook the italian sausage as you would ground beef; season with garlic powder, salt and fresh ground pepper; drain and put to the side.

Saute' the mushrooms and onion in fresh garlic and olive oil.

Combine the italian sausage into the saucepan with the mushrooms and onions then add the sauce and saute.  I like to add more garlic powder and keep seasoning until I like it.  I also like to take some of the tang away by adding just a slight bit of sugar then salt.  Add the whole package of cheese, put a lid on it, and let it simmer for 20 minutes or so. 

Voila'!!  Ready to eat :)

No comments:

Post a Comment