Friday, May 20, 2011

23 Weeks!


How far along: 23 weeks
Weight gain: I'm guessing between 8 and 9 lbs.
How big is baby: Over 11 inches long, weighing just over a pound!
Maternity clothes: Pants are almost entirely maternity now (with the exception of some of my looser fitting jeans) and tops are a mix.
Stretch marks: Nope...but I've got my eyes out for them and I'm trying to remember to apply my belly butter nightly!
Sleep: Sleep is good.  The nightly "get up to pee" runs had stopped there for awhile, but they are back now.  I will have to get up at least once, if not twice, each night.
Best moment this week: This week has been a little stressful with being out of town and being busy in general, but I did really enjoy the most comfortable bed EVER at the hotel in Orlando.  King size, high thread count and TONS of pillows.  I was able to prop them all around me in a position that allowed me to feel like I was sleeping face down, but without squishing my belly.  I also had a GREAT visit with my buddy Hilary (in town from San Diego) - but more on that in another post :)
Movement: Every day!  It's so fun to feel him in there.  I spend at least 5 minutes a day just thinking about what he must be doing in there, how is is positioned, etc. when I can feel him moving around.
Food Cravings: All kinds of fruit!  I had a fruit delivery from Klesick Family Farm on Thursday, which contained apples, pears, honeydew melon, bananas, and mandarins!  SCORE!  If you have been considering a produce delivery system, I highly recommend giving this organization a try!  (Tell them I sent you - they will send me some jam) :)
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly button in or out: Gross
What I miss: It's funny, when you are younger and do not have the commitments and responsibility of work, a mortgage, a relationship and a family - those are all the things (many people) are chasing after and longing for!  And while I wouldn't trade what Greg and I have built for ourselves for one second, I think both of us are in this state of looking back and remembering how EASY it was to just show up for work, go out after and sleep all day on the weekends.  I wouldn't say I miss those days, but they sure were fun :)
What I'm looking forward to: I took today off (since I worked on Sunday) and plan to enjoy a day to myself!  My mom is visiting for lunch and then I am going to go for a long walk in the sunshine followed by a dinner at home with Greg!  I really missed him while I was away!  This weekend we will be attending our friends Shauna and Brandon's baby shower on Saturday and a charity bowling event on Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I can't believe you're 23 weeks already! Your glucose screening should be soon, right? You're going to be in your 3rd tri before we know it, so crazy! Oh yeah, you're welcome for the notes on all the baby stuff (duh). I tried to find the post where you mentioned it (I remember reading it at some point via my Google Reader but now that I'm actually here on your blog I'm not seeing it - did you retract your thank you?) lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I'm NOT crazy afterall! I guess my 22 week post was posted and then somehow completely disappeared! I was wondering if it just never posted at all, but obviously it did! I cannot wait to register next weekend. All of these big milestones are getting checked off this list, yet I'm still not at all ready for this baby! And no, I have not retracted my thank you, haha. I'm forever grateful to you and all of my friends who have been so helpful in this weird world of baby products. I would have no idea how to navigate without all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah-ha. I had heard about Blogger giving people lots of problems re: disappearing posts. Glad you solved the mystery, I was seriously feeling crazy myself! I usually catch up on blogs on my phone when I'm in bed at night so I'm always half asleep and I was starting to wonder if I had dreamed up that post!

    ReplyDelete