Sunday, May 29, 2011

Registered!

Well, Greg and I registered today!  I'm confident that I have some work left to do on it, but I'm feeling good that we have it at least 75% complete at this point. 

Preparing for a baby is VERY overwhelming.  I have never enjoyed going to Babies R' Us.  The total lack of knowledge I have for baby items just stresses me out, and every time I have found myself there shopping for others, I am always turned around and utterly confused.

My friend Maureen put together an awesome checklist for us of what she has found helpful/useful and what has been unnecessary.  My recent visit to see my friend Denali also helped me to understand what are some must-have items.  And all of my friends who have babies that are a little older have done their best to prepare us - with lending/giving us things they no longer use and sharing what has worked for them.

But still, this is a lot to take in! 

On the way home, Greg and I came to the conclusion that we WILL figure this all out.  We don't know about any of this stuff because we have never HAD TO!  Once little Ben is here, it will be much easier to determine what types of bottles work for him, which pacifiers he likes, what we like to dress him in, etc. 

So, here is what we have put together so far.  Anyone out there who has thoughts to share about what is on our list - suggestions for what else we need, recommendations on different brands, things we need more of, etc. I would love to hear from you!

Babies R' Us Registry

And since apparently it will not allow me to link directly to our registry, just search for Jessica Ingle in Everett, WA - not to be confused with Jessica Ingles (???) in Silverdale, WA ;)

1 comment:

  1. Sweet! Everything looked necessary to me. Amazing how much one little baby requires :) I loved having the gowns, great for middle of the night diaper changes. And I had never heard of a mat for the car seat. That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete