Friday, May 27, 2011

24 Weeks!



How far along: 24 weeks - I think this means I'm 6 months along!?
Weight gain: 16 pounds!! LOL! I'm a little bit shocked that in 4 short weeks I could put on 9 lbs! Could it have been my big lunch? Or is Ben having a growth spurt? Either way - bring it on, Ben!

How big is baby: A foot long, and over a pound.
Maternity clothes: Nothing new here, other than the fact that some of my non-maternity shirts are becoming too small/short for me to wear at this point.
Stretch marks: Nope...however, as my friend Denali so KINDLY informed me, most stretch marks will not develop until the final weeks of pregnancy.  So I think I might be fooling myself that I am in the clear.  If one day this part of the weekly survey magically disappears, you will know what's up.
Sleep: Sleep is still good.  No complaints here.  I'm worried that I'm enjoying my zzz's a little TOO much, because soon those long nights of slumber will be a thing of the past. 

Best moment this week: It's been a good week, another busy one.  I clearly have a hard time labeling something as the "best".  I feel like I have so much to write about!  We had a great weekend celebrating my friend Shauna's pregnancy.  Her and her husband Brandon have a little boy due to arrive in August :)  We also kicked butt at bowling on Sunday.  On Monday I was able to finalize Ben's child care situation (which was probably the one thing that had been causing me the most anxiety).  Tuesday I went to spend time with Denali, Kyle and their adorable little 4 week old son, Oliver, who makes the cutest breathing noises I've ever heard.  Denali, (and Kyle) filled me in on EVERYTHING that I can expect from labor, post labor, lack of sleep, breast feeding...the list goes on and on!  I SO enjoyed spending time with the three of them.  Next time I am bringing Greg along so he can learn from them too!  I also taught 3 yoga classes this week.  Phew!
Movement: All.  The.  Time.  I cannot believe that just a month ago I was feeling nothing, and now he seems to be all over the place!
Food Cravings: Still into fruit, and if I could go out for brunch every day, I totally would.
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly button in or out: When I'm full, out.  When I'm not, flat.  I'm irritated by it in general.

What I miss: Taking vacation days (and vacations, for that matter) at my leisure.  I'm in "store them up" mode for the end of the year, so occasional days off mostly non-existent. 
What I'm looking forward to: I am looking forward to a THREE DAY WEEKEND!  Greg and I have plans to do our baby registry, see a movie, go on a short hike, cook, sleep in, and maybe head out to explore around Seattle - Ochiltree style.

1 comment:

  1. 24 weeks is also the point of viability...go Ben! :)

    ReplyDelete