Monday, May 2, 2011

4th Prenatal Appointment (and OMG the belly has arrived).

I had my 4th Prenatal Appointment this morning, which was rescheduled from last Friday.  On my way to last week's appointment, I got a call saying that another patient had gone into labor and my doctor was heading to the hospital to deliver the baby!

Everything looks and sounds great with the baby!  I am measuring right where I should be, I'm up 7 lbs, and I'm feeling really good!  Hollister (my doctor) asked me if I have been feeling any contractions yet.  I told her I did not think I had, but if I was, what would they feel like?  She told me that they would just feel like a slight tightening around my stomach - often times during or after long walks or exercise.  It was then that I realized the discomfort I was feeling while Greg and I were walking around Greenlake were most certainly these types of contractions!  Nothing to be alarmed about, but good to know for the future I suppose.

I have noticed (over the past few days) a few symptoms that seem to be the beginning of my "feeling pregnant":

* After long periods of sitting, my tailbone/lower back are sore.  I can tell after a day sitting in my office chair that it is time for me to get some movement in.  Might need to incorporate some office yoga during lunch more often!

* Headaches.  I would say I have one strong enough to make me take some Tylenol at least every 2-3 days.  Mildly annoying, but manageable.

* Mini-contractions (I guess?)

And I just had to share this picture.  After changing into my yoga clothes, I walked out of the bathroom at work and my coworker Shauntel said I should take a picture.  I swear, so much bigger from just last week's picture!

4 comments:

  1. The belly has arrived and I'm loving it. Grow baby, grow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby I grew overnight! Yeah baby bump!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Ben! I pulled out some of the boxes of baby clothes we had stored away, haven't found the newborn sizes yet but it was so fun seeing all the tiny outfits for 6-18 months! I can't believe they start out so small! I plan to wash and organize them for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you SO much Erica! You are so thoughtful, and so helpful! I know I have 19 weeks left, but knowing that these little things are getting taken care of make me feel so much better about everything I have left to do!

    ReplyDelete