Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Nursery Update

I wanted to give an update on the nursery as we have made some significant progress in the last month or so! I will save pictures of the room itself for when things are complete, (below are just pictures from the web).  I cannot believe that Ben will be here in, (let me refer to my countdown...), 16.5 WEEKS!  While I honestly cannot wait to meet/hold him, I do not wish for him to be even a day early.  I have way too many things to accomplish in the upcoming weeks.

The weekend after Greg and I found out we are having a boy, we (I) decided it was time to paint the room.  I never thought I would have a "blue is for boy" or "pink is for girl" nursery, but we did end up with choosing blue for the color.  It just looked SO great with the bedding we had already picked out, and I'm really happy with the final result!


We have ordered and received both the crib and the rocker/glider.  Our parents were so generous to offer to pay for both of these items - Greg's parents bought the crib and my parents bought the chair.  (Spoiled)!


* This crib will convert into a toddler bed and then a double bed when we are ready


While I was gone in Orlando, Greg and his friend Steve worked hard to put the crib and the chair together.  They also painted the ugly (sorry, Greg) dresser that Greg has had for YEARS to a color that matches the espresso wood of the chair and crib.  It looks like a brand new piece of furniture!  I just need to pick out some new knobs to add the final touches to it!  Thanks, guys!

Finally, I have ordered the tree decal that I wrote about a few months ago, and it is on it's way to me!  I'm hoping it arrives before the long weekend so we can get it up on the wall.



My goal was to have all of the "big projects" done before the summer months arrived.  When it is nice in Seattle, the last thing either of us will want to do is deal with something like painting, or putting together furniture.  Also, at least 1/2 of the weekends between now and B-day are filled with plans already - and I want to save some time for any last minute things that may have slipped my mind.

Left to do in the nursery:

* Frame the artwork I had previously purchased

* Purchase and hang a mobile above the crib

* Move the elliptical machine out of Ben's room and into our room

* Establish some sort of closet organization system and purchase the necessary bins/shelves for that

* Purchase shelves to hang on the wall (see the above picture of the tree)

* Set up a "changing station" on the dresser

* Find and purchase curtains

* Purchase (maybe) a book shelf or a toy chest for the room

* Last minute details to personalize the room

* Anything else?  (Help)!

3 comments:

  1. Is that the Graco Lauren crib/glider? Because if so, it's the same one we have! We are really happy with it (esp. the price).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the Lauren crib, but for some reason I think the chair is a different model...(still Graco though). We love them too! We ordered them from www.simplybabyfurniture.com. Great prices and free shipping! Score!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you're right, the glider is not the Lauren model. It's only been five months and I've already forgotten. :) But it looks great with it, doesn't it?! We ordered both from Walmart and the crib came with a free mattress as well. It shipped free to the store so we had to pick it up but it was still worth it! It will look so great in Ben's room, I love the espresso color!

    ReplyDelete