Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day

This year was special, as it was my first (sort of) Mother's Day!  While I'm not sure if I really consider it to be official for me, it was really fun to celebrate the day with my mom - the best mom on earth :)

We met up in the morning and had delicious, slightly over-priced brunch at Chandler's down on Lake Union.  Afterwards, we went to see "Water for Elephants", which was really good too!

My mom was nice enough to get me a cute silver picture frame for a future picture of Ben.  She also got me this picture holder:


This goes perfectly with the bird theme I sort of having going for the nursery and with a few of the pictures that I have purchased to frame and hang!

She also brought me a picture of her when she was pregnant, which I had never seen and absolutely love:


Mom - 29 and Pregnant

I think it is really cool that my mom had me just a few weeks before she turned 30, and I will be having Ben just a few weeks before I turn 30!  Funny how things work out sometimes :)

My mom has been my best friend for as long as I can remember, and I plan/hope to have the same sort of relationship with my son one day.

I also felt spoiled by Greg this year.  He got me a sweet card and a gift certificate for a prenatal massage - one that I plan to save up for when I REALLY am needing it in the upcoming weeks.

Hope all of my mommy friends had a great day as well!


2 comments:

  1. I remember your mom being so sweet, that's so awesome what a great relationship you two have. ps does she still drive her camry? haha my parents had their 1991 Camry until 2009! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww - yeah, my mom rocks! She does NOT drive the Camry anymore...but my dad has an updated one. And she drives a Corolla :) Toyota 4 Life.

    ReplyDelete