Thursday, May 16, 2013

Edamame Hummus



While going through my freezer today, I noticed I had a few bags of edamame hiding in the back corner.  I remembered this recipe for edamame hummus that I used to make ALL THE TIME, and thought I would make a batch and see if Ben liked it, too!

Well, my kid is full of surprises.  He LOVED it. 

Edamame Hummus

Ingredients:

1 bag (12 oz) frozen shelled edamame
2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons tahini (or you can grind up sememe seeds with a little olive oil)
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Serve with chips, pita bread, bell peppers, whatever.   I am obsessed with the multigrain chips that Costco sells, so I eat them with that. 

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this recipe. Graycen LOVES edamame and hummus, so I'm sure she'll enjoy both together :)

    ReplyDelete