Thursday, May 16, 2013

PCC Cooking Class with Mom


 
For our "official" Mother's Day celebration, my mom and I attended a cooking class at PCC.  They have SO many classes to choose from, but we chose the "Springtime Sunday Supper" class.
 
The chef, Pam Sawyer, was really nice, helpful, and gave a little talk about how she tries to always shop in season with what is fresh and local.  It was kind of motivating :)  I wish I had the time to shop every day for what I plan to cook that night, but since that is impossible, I will happily settle for coming away from the class with a few new recipes that I seriously cannot wait to make again!
 
My mom and I were in charge of making the Chicken Paillard with Lemon, Capers and Olives.  It was by far my favorite part of the meal, so I'm happy we got to make that one.  The group also made Lemon-Thyme Spring Pea Crostini, Asparagus Soup, Sauteed Carrots with Herbed Butter, and Strawberry Financiers.  YUM.
 
Here is the recipe from the chicken we made.  I'll probably make this within the week.  It was so good, and my mom told me that the leftovers she had cold were delicious too! 
 
I can't wait to take another class!
 
 











No comments:

Post a Comment