Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day Weekend

This past weekend felt like one long Mother's Day celebration!

On Saturday morning, my mom and I went out to breakfast together.  She brought me these amazing potted flowers as my gift - which looks absolutely beautiful on our deck!  It already  has me inspired to work on my green thumb and to get more pots and planters for our outdoor spaces. 

 
While I was at breakfast, the boys went shopping.  And Greg dressed Ben like this:
 

 
We then headed over to Rachel and Peter's house to drop Ben off for a few hours.  They had agreed to babysit so that Greg and I could go see The Great Gatsby (which was an amazing movie with an amazing soundtrack - download it!).  Greg and I snuck out while Ben was playing in their back yard, and weren't sure how that was going to go down, but apparently it went great!  I later saw this picture, and received a text saying that we should head back to their house and crack open a bottle of wine - because Ben was still having fun playing at the beach....!  

 
So, we did :)  When they got back, I snagged a few more pictures from Rachel's phone so I could share their adventures here:









That evening we headed back to our place (with Rachel) and Greg made the flank steak chilaquiles for dinner - and they were pretty delicious.

On Sunday morning, I woke up to breakfast in bed - banana and nutella french toast!  It wasn't quite "breakfast in bed" though, because as soon as Ben saw that I was awake, he climbed up on the bed and wanted to sit on top of me - which didn't quite work well with a plate of food.  :)

After opening my gifts - perfume, truffles, and a couple fun bracelets - we headed to the zoo to spend a few hours!

Ben was more interested in this water fountain than he was any of the animals ;)
 


 
But we did get to see a few animals very up close and personal!



 
I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day!  I am so happy that I get to be Ben's mom :)

1 comment:

  1. Ha, love that he loved the water fountain more than the animals. :) Happy belated Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete