Thursday, May 9, 2013

Meal Planning: Week of May 13th

Whoops, I skipped a week!  I need to get back on track here before Greg's family comes out to visit next month and I lose control of my kitchen for a couple weeks.  (NOT COMPLAINING)! :)

Monday: Chicken and black bean enchiladas.  This is a simple recipe I have stolen from Rachel - chicken, (rotisserie to make it even easier) black beans, corn, enchilada sauce, cheese - all rolled up in a tortilla, topped with more cheese and sauce.  Bake at 375 until it looks done.  (20-25 minutes).

Tuesday: Thin crust Boboli pizza (chicken sausage, basil/alfredo) and arugula salad.  Totally one of our go-to dinners these days.  I like to put mushrooms on my side of the pizza :)

Wednesday: Orange chicken over brown rice and roasted brussels sprouts.

Thursday: Left overs

Friday: Cola-Marinated Flank Steak with Frito Chilaquiles.  This was in the June issue (the Grilling Issue) of Food & Wine Magazine and Greg wanted to try it.  Who am I to stop him?  Hope to have this with roasted asparagus.


Saturday: We are having a fiesta!  Blackened cod and carne asada tacos (and plenty of margaritas)!  The Broady's are coming over for dinner. :)

4 comments:

  1. Yes, Rachel's enchiladas are the best! Maybe I'll make some next week, too. Thanks, Rachel, and thanks for the inspiration, Jingle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Maybe I'll make some enchiladas next week too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's too bad we all live so far apart - we could have had an enchilada party! Seriously you guys, move to Bothell ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't wait, had to make them last night!

    ReplyDelete