Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Meal Planning: Week of May 20th

I've got a Costco-sized bag of quinoa, and I'm not afraid to use it.  Here is what I have planned for meals next week.

Monday: Breaded cod, roasted asparagus and arugula salad.

Tuesday: Grilled Flank steak (marinated in this) and Pesto Caprese Quinoa Salad.

Wednesday: BBQ quicken quinoa salad.  This time, we will actually BBQ the chicken (instead of cooking it in the crockpot).

Thursday: Boca burgers, arugula salad

Friday: Lemon pepper cod and Herbed Quinoa Salad.

And since I will already have cherry tomatoes and green onions on hand, why not make a batch of my favorite Tuscan-Style Tuna Salad to have for lunches this week?

I also have a Costco-sized (double dozen) carton of eggs (brown, organic, hella-cheap) to use up this week, so I'm going to try to cook omelettes (1 egg, 2-3 egg white) for breakfast on the days I have a few spare minutes in the morning.

To save time, pre-chop onion, bell peppers, and spinach.  Then all you need is a sprinkle of cheese (cheddar, goat cheese, whatever sounds good) and breakfast is ready in no time!

Quick side-note - since Ben has reached an age where we officially are trying to avoid restaurants unless there is an event where it can't be helped - we have been making more meals at home over the weekend, when we used to probably go out more. I may have to start planning meals for 6-7 days week for the time being, because as the mid-week approaches, we have already gone through all of our proteins and most of our produce.

No comments:

Post a Comment