Friday, May 24, 2013

Yard in Bloom

I'm mostly posting this so that my mother in law, Marcia, can see how much our yard has "sprung" this Spring!  I know nothing about plants and flowers (yet) so even though she will be here next month, I want to make sure she sees what is happening now in case anything changes :)
 
Back when she was here last October, she did a bunch of pruning for us - I cannot believe how much everything has grown!
 
 
Flowers in the front of the house





 
View from the spare bedroom - on the left side of the house

 
Plants in front of Ben's room


 
Planter boxes in the back yard - I hope these become beautiful flowery plants...
or else I may have to change that some day


 
This plant/tree/bush/whatever over our gate was cut ALL THE WAY BACK last Fall/Winter - it literally grew back in a week's time....and it has these beautiful, hanging purple flowers all over it!



Also, our lawn is growing like crazy!  I had no idea that during the spring it was normal to have to mow it 2 times a week!  I'm told it will become less maintenance as we get into summer, but still - the things you don't know until you are responsible for a lawn!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment