Monday, April 25, 2011

Bling Bling! Rachel and Peter are Engaged!!

On Easter Morning, I woke up to some of the happiest news ever!  I saw my phone light up at 8:01 am, and saw the following picture:

Peter proposed to Rachel on Easter!  I immediately re-woke Greg, (Maxwell had let us know it was time for breakfast about 30 minutes prior but we were trying to ignore him) to share the fantastic news!  We are SO thrilled for them both, and I for one cannot wait to get started in planning all of the details over the next year!  Bridal showers, bachelorette parties, wedding dress selection - oh my!  I don't think I have been this excited since my own engagement!

Oh, and a super-exciting side note: I have been honored with being chosen the Matron of Honor!  (It sounds like such an "old" title, but in Rachel's words I need to "own it") :)  Her friend Jenni will be the Maid of Honor.  I think that we (all of Rachel's amazing girlfriends, sisters, sisters-in-law-to-be, mom and MIL) will make a great team in ensuring that the next year is an incredibly special and memorable time for her! 

I honestly could not be happier for Rachel and Peter - they make a perfect match!

No comments:

Post a Comment