Sunday, April 17, 2011

Mirror Removal

Our condo/town home was built in 1979.  We think it maybe has had 1-2 owners prior to us.  We have NO IDEA whether this mirror was part of the original model, or something added after the fact, but from day one I've thought it was just tacky.  Since the spare room has been somewhat of a guest room/workout room for the past 3+ years, there has been no real drive for us to remove the thing - but now that Baby I will be here in 5 months or so, I've wanted it GONE.  Our room is set up where we have one full wall of windows, another of closets, and the third with this mirror - so I have limited room to decorate. 

I asked Greg how much work he thought it would be to take the thing off.  He sighed, rolled his eyes and asked me just how important it was to me that we take on this project.  I exercised my "Pregnancy Card" and let him know that it was very important :)

Our awesome friend Dan agreed to spend a Sunday of his time to come over and help us out.  I think we all expected it to be a tedious project, HOWEVER - the mirror came down in minutes and in one piece! 


Before


During

"After" - Still need to patch up/smooth out the parts of the
wall where the glue stuck and then it's time for PAINT!

No comments:

Post a Comment