Friday, April 1, 2011

16 Weeks...? And 3rd Prenatal Appointment

I had my 3rd Prenatal appointment this morning.  It has been 4 weeks since my last visit and I was really looking forward to checking in to see how things were progressing.  I am up FIVE pounds - clearly I had underestimated myself here!  My doctor said that a five pound weight gain was perfectly acceptable and that I should not worry - the baby is getting everything it needs from me.  I was very happy to hear that as I had been a little curious as to why I was not more obviously showing at this point.  We felt my uterus (weird) which is right under my belly button now instead of where it usually sits (between the pelvic bones).  We also got to hear the baby's heartbeat!  The baby was VERY squirmy throughout my appointment - the doctor had a hard time tracking the heartbeat for a full 15 seconds, and we could actually HEAR the movement, even though I am not feeling anything yet.

I found out that according to my last ultrasound I had done at 13 weeks, they moved my due date from September 20th to September 16th - so I am officially 16 weeks today!  I figured I would move my weekly blog posts to Friday as well - so here is the next one!

How far along: 16 weeks
Weight gain: Up 5 lbs!
How big is baby: The baby is the size of an avocado, and about 5 inches long.
Maternity clothes: Not quite yet - but getting there.
Stretch marks: No
Sleep: Still great
Best moment this week: Hmmm....getting an iPhone (finally)...or hearing the baby's heartbeat again....it's a toss up. 
Movement: No
Food Cravings: Bagels with cream cheese and Starbucks' Black Tea Lemonade.
Labor Signs: No
Belly button in or out: In
What I miss: Nothing this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment