Friday, March 11, 2011

Gathering Inspiration for the Nursery...

Decorating has never really been my favorite thing to do.  I love the idea of it, but when it comes down to actually picking out and choosing what colors or items to purchase, I tend to get overwhelmed and quit.  Within a week of finding out I was pregnant, I had already mentally assigned the task at hand to my (very patient, excellent-at-surfing-the-Internet-and-finding-amazing-stuff) friend Rachel, and to my mom.  I figure having them "in charge" and as my go-to style consultants, I could chill out a little and enjoy the process.  Luckily, they agreed to my plan!

Fast-forward to the current day - I have already picked out and purchased three pictures from Etsy that I plan to have matted and framed.  Rachel had found the first picture below (Yoga Bird) months ago and I fell in love with it.  Looking through the entire collection I found so many more prints that were equally adorable!  I had a hard time narrowing down to just three to purchase.  (I might get two more, but I'm waiting on that for the moment).  Below are the pictures:




Cute, right? :)  I'm thinking white frames with maybe an off white or eggshell matting.

I also have found the bedding and a mobile that I am in love with.  I feel that it is all gender-neutral, so I'm contemplating going ahead and just purchasing it now.  I never really envisioned myself having an "all blue" or "all pink" room anyway :)


Both the bedding and the mobile are from The Land of Nod which has some of the cutest stuff I have ever seen.  (I honestly can't believe that I'm as excited about all of this stuff as I am...what is happening to me?)

I've lined up 2 weekends in April for clearing out the room, (putting the spare bed in storage, selling an old dresser and desk), removing the giant wall to wall mirror in the bedroom (hello, 70's) and having Greg get his paint on.  That will allow me to spend the summer leisurely gathering up the rest of what is needed for the room with the big/time-consuming tasks out of the way.

4 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the pics and the bedding! I will help clean/pack up if you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your choices! And love that you are so excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you guys like things so far! This part has become my favorite part of planning for baby. Thanks for offering to clean/pack Kristin :) Luckily we don't have much we need to do with that room, just need to get rid of some furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute pattern. You are very on top of things! But I totally understand the excitement!

    ReplyDelete