Friday, August 5, 2011

34 Weeks!



How far along: 34 weeks
Weight gain: 25 lbs

How big is baby: About 4 and 3/4 pounds and almost 18 inches long!
Maternity clothes: Still mostly just maternity jeans with bigger tops, dresses and leggings.
Stretch marks: Not yet...
Sleep: Sleep is good this week.  My body pillow has come in very handy this week and I plan to use it up until the end (and maybe forever...).
Best moment this week: My baby shower was by far the best day of the week, followed closely by Sunday when we took our maternity photos.  Such a great weekend that was all about baby Ben.
Movement: Yes!  On Tuesday night, I felt him have the hiccups for the first time, and he has had them daily since.  His nighttime movements continue to be super uncomfortable.  My doctor confirmed today that he is still head down, but as he moves his body  from side to side, it hurts!
Food Cravings: Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  It seems to be ALL I want this week, although I'm trying to incorporate some fruits and vegetables to go along with that.  I have ordered a few produce boxes this month to keep me motivated to eat my greens.
Labor Signs: Still no contractions (that I'm aware of), but my pelvis and joints in general are getting increasingly sore.  I am also finding myself WIPED OUT mid-day, and often taking naps after work.
Belly button in or out: Out. 
What I miss: With approximately 40-something days left of being pregnant, I'm starting to miss things like booze and my clothes a little less.  I'm trying to focus more on enjoying what I will miss when Ben arrives, like the freedom to do things on my own schedule and sleep!
What I'm looking forward to: I'm starting to feel more and more ready for the baby to arrive.  With all of the baby gear we were given over the weekend, the room is really starting to look like a baby belongs in it!  I'm going to spend some time this weekend washing bedding, clothes, organizing closets and drawers, making a list of the items we still need to purchase, and I'm hoping by Monday I will feel even more ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment