Thursday, August 25, 2011

37 Weeks

How far along: 37 weeks
Weight gain: 29 lbs ---> growth spurt this week?

How big is baby: 6 and 1/3 pounds and around 19 inches long. 
Maternity clothes: Stretchy pants are my new BFF's. 
Stretch marks: None yet.
Sleep: Sleep is the same.
Best moment this week: This has been a pretty great week:  We had another great baby shower thrown for us, my work threw me a "shower" at our company staff meeting/dinner this week, and my friend Shauna had her baby boy, Bronson!  After 24 hours of labor (OMG!), Bronson entered the world on August 23rd at 11:04 am, weighing in at 9 lbs, 10 oz!  I look forward to meeting the little big guy sometime this weekend!

Movement: Still a lot, but luckily his moving hasn't caused me as much discomfort this week as it has in the past.  Apparently he is running out of room...
Food Cravings: I haven't had any specific cravings this week.  I have been living on PB&J's, fruit, minute maid light, and beet/spinach salads for the most part. 
Labor Signs: I've experienced some cramping this week - and being that I have never been pregnant before, I had no idea if they were contractions or not?  I checked with my doctor and she said that things sound like they are progressing.  The other news is that this week I was measuring 38 weeks (wow)!  Such a change from last week.  I will be getting weekly ultrasounds and non stress tests (heart rate monitoring for Ben) to make sure that my fluid levels stay in the "safe zone". 
Belly button in or out: Out. 
What I miss: I am feeling ready (for the most part) for my pregnancy to be over and for parenthood to begin.  I have to admit, I'm feeling a little tired of constantly having people tell me how hard caring for a newborn will be on us.  I believe I have a healthy expectation set for the amount of work the first few weeks and months will be like, but I also believe that it will be a special and rewarding time for us as a family.  I have discussed this with Shauna a lot over the last few months.  She and I are both used to doing SO much (and all at once) over the past few years between going to school full time, working full time, having fairly full social calendars, keeping up with house work, teaching yoga (me), cooking dinners (her), etc.  I really do believe that after cutting out ALL of that and adding in "taking care of the baby", that we will each be in pretty good shape.  Sure, there are things that will be unexpected and hard, but that is life.  I am looking forward to the change and the challenge!
What I'm looking forward to: Meeting my baby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment