Monday, March 7, 2011

12 Weeks



I'm happy to say that I have reached the 12-week mark, which as many of you know is often considered the milestone where the chance of miscarriage goes down drastically.  Phew!

How far along: 12 weeks
Weight gain: Up 1 lb.  Pants are already starting to fit differently than they did pre-pregnancy.  I might just update this section each time I go in for an appointment (every 4 weeks) due to the fact that I don't have a good scale at home to capture my weight gain.  At my appointment last week, my doctor kindly reminded me that pregnancy is not a "free for all" in terms of what I eat, haha.  She confirmed what I had already heard - that I should eat approximately 300 calories more than I normally was - which is the equivalent of 1/2 of a sandwich and a glass of milk.
How big is baby: The baby is the size of a lime and is just over 2 inches long.  (Fun fact: apparently this week the baby starts to resemble a human, in that the eyes have moved from the side of the head to the front. WEIRD.)
Maternity clothes: Not wearing any yet, but this weekend I purchased a pair of maternity leggings (FML) and a couple "regular", but flowy and loose in the mid-section tops.
Stretch marks: No
Sleep: Normal, minus having to get up to pee 2-3 times a night.
Best moment this week: Hearing the heartbeat was the most reassuring feeling ever!  I also had a great time teaching yoga over the weekend - so good to be back doing something I love.
Movement: No
Food Cravings: Since being sick last week, soup has crept to the top of my cravings list.  I had not had chicken noodle soup for years and now I could eat it every day.  I also have been into orange juice this week.
Labor Signs: No
Belly button in or out: In
What I miss: Wine
What I'm looking forward to: My ultrasound tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment