Friday, March 18, 2011

I Heart Food.

Something interesting happened this week.  The stars (and my social calendar) aligned, and I had the pleasure of having one amazing dinner after another, every single night this week!  While I try to make plans to go out or make a nice dinner at least a couple evenings out of the week, it seems that lately my energy to do either has been lacking.  I will end up with a frozen pizza, a randomly tossed together salad, a PB&J, or a box of macaroni and cheese and just call it a day.

I had to share my fantastic week o' dinners, as I'm pretty sure this will not quite be happening on the regular post-baby. 

Monday, 3/14: Around lunch time, I had the glorious idea (yes, I'm taking credit for it) to have breakfast for dinner!  I realize this is not totally a unique idea for some, but it's not something that Greg and I have done in our 6+ years together, so I'm feeling pretty excited about it.  Greg (as the main chef in our household) made us scrambled eggs, chicken sausage, hash browns and biscuits - and as we were eating, we kept exclaiming, "this is soooooo good".  We agreed that this is something we will be incorporating into our regular rotation!

Tuesday, 3/15: Met up with my dear friend Mark (one of my yoga buddies) for a meal at the Bonefish Grill.  We laughed as we were ordering, because it was clear that I was probably hungrier than I have been in the past when we have eaten together.  "Do you want to add a salad" - "yes".  "Shall I bring bread" - "YES".  I had tilapia, broccoli and a chickpea salad for my main meal.  I absolutely love this restaurant.  While the food was great, the company was even better!  All throughout our yoga training last year, Mark and I (with our friends Susan and Michelle) spent 200 hours together in addition to our carpooling every morning and evening before class.  I sure miss all of that quality time with them.  Mark is about to embark on a Ashtanga Yoga journey across the US for at least the next six months, (jealous) so we got to catch up and discuss his upcoming travels!

Wednesday, 3/16: After work, I drove up to my friend Stephanie's house where I was treated to another home cooked meal!  She made shrimp, crab and mushroom fettuccine, a garden salad and bread sticks.  It was so delicious!  Steph and I have been friends since middle school and I absolutely cherish our time spent together.  We hung out all evening, talking about pregnancy, raising kids, work, working out, family, etc.  There is nothing like a girls' night in!  Thanks again, Steph!

Thursday, 3/17:  Ah, St. Patty's Day.  You know, the day designed for drinking beer?  Greg was happy to have a designated driver for the evening, (and for many more evenings to come it seems).  Last year we went to our friends Dan, Jeannette and Laryd's for my first ever experience with Corned Beef and Cabbage - and after that, we knew we wanted to get ourselves on the invite list for every future St. Patty's Day dinner!  Jeannette is an AMAZING cook.  Greg and I always gobble up everything she makes when we are treated to dinner at their house.  Greg even ate cabbage!  We had a fun time - them drinking "Black and Tans" - and enjoying a great meal with even greater friends :)

Friday, 3/18 - tonight: To round out the week of great meals - the All American Breakfast (for dinner), Seafood, Italian-Seafood, and Irish Fare, Greg and I are going to grab some Mexican food tonight!  Our local spot, El Parasio has some halibut chipotle tacos that are to die for.  We get them every time. 

It's a really good thing that I have stepped up my yoga practice this week, and that I have both yoga and zumba lined up for the weekend. :)

Oh, and PS - I have brunch plans tomorrow - holla!

1 comment: