Friday, March 4, 2011

2nd Prenatal Appointment

This morning I had my 2nd, and very thorough I might add, prenatal appointment with my doctor.  It was the first time I actually was able to see MY doctor, so I was excited to be able to ask her all of the questions I had been wanting to ask.  Unfortunately, due to my flu earlier this week, I had to reschedule my appointment from Tuesday to this morning at a time when Greg was unable to join me - but he will be there for the ultrasound next Monday night, which is where most of the excitement happens anyway :)

After an hour and a half of questions about our medical histories, explaining all of my future appointments and when they would happen, going over what is safe during pregnancy and what is not, running through my options of genetic screening, etc., I had a full exam and then was FINALLY able to hear the baby's heartbeat!  We heard it almost the instant she put the fetal doppler (yes, I had to Google to find that term) to my skin.  160 bpm!  It was amazing to hear that, and for some reason I couldn't stop myself from laughing as she was trying to count the bpm.

I also was given a bag full of "gifts" - a breastfeeding kit, a pregnancy journal, info about the hospital I will be delivering at, check lists, and a few other things that I got too overwhelmed to look at too closely.  (Will report back).

It feels as if things are officially happening now!  Like I can officially be excited that this is happening, without as much worry as I had before.

No comments:

Post a Comment