Thursday, March 3, 2011

Well, these days are over...

For the first time I can officially say that I no longer can comfortably sleep face/stomach down :(  I have noticed that it has become increasingly less comfortable, but as of last night/this morning I know it to be true.

I am SUCH a stomach sleeper too.  It is my go-to position when I need to catch my zzz's.  This is going to be a bit of an adjustment, one that I knew would eventually happen, and have been dreading since before becoming pregnant.  (This girl likes her sleep)!

And what's weird...is that I honestly (please someone tell me if I am wrong here) still do not have anything noticeable happening in the abdominal area.  I thought that this wouldn't become an issue until I started growing a baby bump.  It's odd, but it just feels like there is more pressure on my stomach when lying this way - and then of course I start wondering if I am squishing my 1.5 - 2" long baby, so I'm forced to adjust.

It's all worth it.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, man, that's hard to lose your favorite sleeping position. Mine is my back. For MONTHS after both girls were born, I would just LOVE the feeling of being able to go to sleep on my back again...that and I loved how much more pee I could hold in my bladder. Sorry if that was tmi lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one told me that you still won't want to sleep on your stomach even after you give birth because it will express milk from your boobs! You don't want this to happen bc you won't want to waste it. Also, even with nursing pads, it'll likely soak through your bra, shirt and sheets and will make your mattress smell sour once it dries. I have a towel on the bed to prevent milk from soaking into the mattress but sometimes it still soaks through both the towel and sheet. I don't want to burst your bubble but thought it only fair I warn you. I'm still side sleeping (but even this can make your boobs leak) and it sucks. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - thanks for the warning :( You are doing a great job of being my "reality-check" for all things pregnancy and post-pregnancy, which I really appreciate! I am not a fan of being surprised!

    Luckily, I have figured out a pillow-propping system that has allowed me a few extra days of stomach-sleeping (or at least a modified version of it). I will really soak these last few days up!

    ReplyDelete