Friday, July 1, 2011

29 Weeks!


How far along: 29 weeks
Weight gain: TBD next Friday at my doctors appointment.  Let's say 20.  They say it's normal to gain 1 lb a week in the last trimester....and I guess I'm feeling "normal".

How big is baby: 2 and a 1/2 pounds (gained a whole 1/4 pound this week!) and over 15 inches long.  Apparently all of this fast growth happening right now is causing him to steal more and more of my nutrients!  According to Baby Center: To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.  I suppose that is reason enough for me to suffer and take the dreaded iron supplements my doctor has prescribed.  It's also a good excuse to enjoy more cereal - a new craving of mine.
Maternity clothes:  Yes!  I made another quick trip to Forever 21 this week.  I spent $35 and got 4 items to incorporate into my "maternity" wardrobe (see above). 
Stretch marks: No
Sleep: Sleep has been good again this week.  My days have been so full between preparing for my departure from work and with teaching yoga that I am totally wiped out when bed time comes.
Best moment this week: True Blood season 4 started. :)
Movement: Oh yes.  I get a nice rib jab on a daily basis these days.  Despite how uncomfortable it can be, I'm going to miss this feeling when Ben is on the outside.  I'm also really wondering what position he is in.  I would say the majority of his kicks seem to be about 2 inches up and to the side of my belly button, so would that mean he is head down and feet up?
Food Cravings: Fruit cravings are dwindling (at least from my extreme obsession with them over the past few months).  Cereal - specifically Honey Bunches of Oats and Kashi Cinnamon Harvest - and cheeseburgers (sans bun) are at the top of the list this week.
Labor Signs: No
Belly button in or out: Out.

What I miss: A smaller chest, my waist, jogging (or even walking at my normal pace), and wine.
What I'm looking forward to: The THREE DAY WEEKEND!

No comments:

Post a Comment