Friday, July 29, 2011

33 Weeks!



How far along: 33 weeks
Weight gain: 24-25 lbs

How big is baby: A little over 4 pounds and over 17 inches long. 
Maternity clothes:  Yes.
Stretch marks: No.
Sleep: While I am still sleeping just fine, I am now noticing more aches when I wake up throughout the night.  After sleeping on one side for a long period of time, my body actually hurts so much that I need to switch sides....which seems to align perfectly timing wise with my frequent bathroom trips.  I also think I overdid it a little while taking yoga pictures this week, and now I have an additional ache on my side/low back :(  #Idiot
Best moment this week: This week has been VERY low key, which has been exactly what I needed.  I feel like the third trimester of pregnancy is preparing me for what life will be like when Ben first arrives, which is that I will not have the energy to do much of anything.  My friend Brooke was kind enough to offer to do a pregnancy yoga photo shoot with me on Wednesday night, which was SO much fun!  As much as I am looking forward to being sans belly, I just had to capture a few asana + belly shots before my pregnancy was over :)  I also taught my last yoga class (for awhile) on Thursday night.  It was a little sad to say goodbye, but it certainly was time for me to cut back on my extra curricular activities!
Movement: Yes - tons!  I was not prepared for how intense the pressure of him moving would be.  Sometime he will press his (butt, back, head?) so hard against my belly button that I feel like he might burst straight out through my skin!  (Okay, maybe that is a little dramatic, but be warned pregos - ouch).
Food Cravings: Nothing stands out this week.  Heartburn is now a daily occurrence.  It still is manageable, but I'm ready for it to be a thing of the past.
Labor Signs: No, but I am starting to feel my body preparing for the big day.  I'm starting to experience some pelvic pain, and I think the pains I'm feeling throughout the night are related.  My assumption (and from what I have read/heard) is that this is part of the whole "loosening joints" thing that needs to happen in order for Ben to make his way out...
Belly button in or out: Out. 
What I miss: Having energy and my old clothes tops the list this week.
What I'm looking forward to: My baby shower this weekend!  There is absolutely nothing better than a room full of girlfriends, delicious food, and the celebration of Ben's upcoming arrival!   My friend Kate has offered to take some maternity photos of me and Greg while she is in town, which was so nice of her!  We are doing that on Sunday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment