Friday, July 22, 2011

32 Week Appointment and Impromptu Ultrasound

I had my 32 week prenatal appointment this morning.  I'm up 23 pounds and feeling great!  This was a pretty uneventful appointment in terms of what we went over.  She covered all of the things I need to watch out for that might indicate preterm labor, and said that if I should experience any of these, that they would do everything they could to stop labor until I hit 35 weeks.

At the end of my appointment when she measured my belly, she had concerns that I was measuring small.  I think she said she measured me around 30 weeks and not 32, but I can't quite remember.  She said as a precaution that she wanted me to get an ultrasound today, which worried me and excited me at the same time.  I had not had a chance to see Ben since I was 19 weeks along, so while the circumstances had me a little nervous, I was happy to take the opportunity to go!

Greg had to work, but I my mom was able to join me.  After all of the measuring, it was determined that everything was just fine!  I'm wondering if I measured small this morning due to the fact that I hadn't had much to drink and nothing to eat yet....but I haven't really been given an explanation, other than this can happen sometimes.  So - phew!

Ben's Face!  (The black parts are his eyes - for those of you
who can't quite tell what you are looking at....Rachel)

Is it just me, or does this kid look EXACTLY like his dad?  Those cheeks?  His chin?  SO ADORABLE! 

The only thing about him that does not quite resemble Greg?

Ben has hair.

1 comment:

  1. Next time we're together, remind me to show you how I saw a foot and leg in this. Ultrasounds are like that Young Woman or Old Hag painting (http://bit.ly/n136gD) to me. Never can tell what you're looking at!

    ReplyDelete