Saturday, July 23, 2011

Taking a Long Savasana

Prego, Wife, Employee, Yoga Instructor.

Dang it.  I thought I was going to be able to teach right up until Ben was ready to come out.  The plan was to continue teaching through the end of August and then take a two week "vacation" prior to Ben's birth, but after my appointment yesterday things have changed.  While everything is healthy and fine with Ben, the brief concern over his well-being and my "fluid" (amniotic) level has sort of stuck with me.  I also have to admit, I'm getting TIRED.

My doctor suggested that I "start to take it easy", which was not necessarily an order to not do anything physical, but perhaps the permission I needed to give up teaching right now.  At the end of the day at my 9-5 job, I am usually more than ready to come home and put my feet up.  I'm going to use this extra time off in the evenings and on the weekends to get more short walks in, do my own seriously modified yoga practice and enjoy these last few weeks I will have all to myself.

I'm already looking forward to teaching and taking some classes when I'm back in action post-pregnancy, as I know that they will probably be few and far between and something that I appreciate even more than I already do :)  For now, it's time to take a break.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment