Monday, July 18, 2011

Semiahmoo

This last weekend, Greg and I went up to Semiahmoo for a mini getaway.  We were gone for just a little over 24 hours, but it was GREAT to get out of the house and do something different!  Semiahmoo is about 1 hour and 45 minutes north of us, so the drive was quick (even though it felt like forever because I was STARVING), and we arrived there in the early afternoon.

Before even checking in, we went straight to the restaurant that sits right on the water and had lunch. 



Next, we took a nap.  I know, I know - what a way to spend vacation, right?  I'm still getting over a cold that I came down with last Wednesday and neither of us slept well the night before, so a nap felt amazing :)

We hit the pool, walked around the resort, snooped on the wedding that was being set up, had dinner and got a great night's sleep! 

On Sunday morning, Greg got up EARLY and hit the golf course while I slept in a little and hit the spa for a manicure/pedicure.  In efforts to save money, I've tried my hardest to do my own nails as much as possible, however with this growing belly, it's getting more and more difficult to do a good job on my toes ;)

Below are some of the pictures I took from our trip:

Beautiful Views

View from our room

View of me enjoying the view

Greg got a birdie from 79 feet (and took a picture for proof) ;)

Funny/Sad side note:  On Saturday night, probably around the time that the wedding on site was wrapping up OR when the bar closed (either one was WELL after we had gone to bed), we could hear what sounded like 15+ girls SHRIEKING outside.  It was non stop "wooo hoooooooo's" and it was SUPER annoying.  The next day when Greg and I were talking about it over lunch, I asked him, "so, when did we switch from being the loud partiers having fun to the lame people inside wanting them to shut up"?  Kind of an eye opener just how quickly that phase of your life starts to disappear...

...luckily, we still know how to have a good time....it's just that those times are not happening every weekend these days ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment