Friday, July 15, 2011

31 Weeks!

* I spy a very obvious outtie : /

How far along: 31 weeks
Weight gain: 22 lbs is my guess.  This week I have made more of an effort to watch what I eat.  I'm not cutting calories necessarily, I'm more just trying to choose more nutritious foods - (i.e. a glass of milk instead of a glass of sugary lemonade, or a mashed up banana and peanut butter instead of a bowl of ice cream)...although that plan went out the window when I came down with a cold on Wednesday and the only thing that sounded good on my sore throat was popsicles ;)

How big is baby: 3.3 pounds and a little over 16 inches long.
Maternity clothes:  Yes.  I'm sad to report that some of my maternity jeans are feeling less comfortable.  I didn't realize this before, but they make these jeans with different "panels" on the top.  The ones I bought earlier in my pregnancy have the "demi" panel, but they also make "full panel" jeans for later in pregnancy to accommodate the growing belly (and other growing areas I suppose...).  More info here (if you care).  Anyway, I mulled it over a bit, and decided to purchase ONE MORE pair of maternity jeans.  I wear jeans almost every day to work and on the weekends, plus - I am assuming I won't be wearing my pre-pregnancy skinny jeans immediately upon leaving the hospital, (dang it) so it's a good investment.  I will be offering them up to my friend Kate to use for the last 1/2 of her pregnancy, so they should get some good use out of them :) 
Stretch marks: Nope, although I haven't been examining myself carefully to look for them.  What I do have are obvious blue veins all over my belly.  I really could use a tan...
Sleep: Sleep is good again.  I'm dreaming a lot, which is a little unusual for me, but only have had 2 significant baby dreams so far.
Best moment this week: It has been a really great week.  Over the weekend we not only scored some like-new baby clothes from a garage sale thanks to my friend Kristin who attended it, but we also were given a TON of stuff from my coworker Rhea and his wife Janet!  I'm blown away by how generous the people in our lives have been!  I cannot wait to share our things with others in the future :)
Movement: All the time - it never gets old!
Food Cravings: The past few weeks I have had a serious craving for lemonade (hence me needing to consciously try to consume other beverages in its place).  Popsicles are still at the top of my list as well.
Labor Signs: No
Belly button in or out: So out.

What I miss: My husband!  After moving on from his job at the Post Office a few months back and giving a sales position a try, (not a great fit) Greg is back at Canyons both managing and bartending.  His plans are to spend the rest of the year determining what job will be the best fit for him in the future, however, I have to admit - the timing of all of this is actually working to our benefit.  While he is working 3 nights a week (and several days), he has had weekends off - and the flexibility that they are giving him is really going to come in handy when Ben arrives - and for the rest of the year while I'm on maternity leave!  On the days that Greg is at home, I will be able to go in to work as needed to take care of some projects that are too difficult for me to hand off completely.  Anyway, that was the long explanation of "what I miss"!  It's a slight adjustment for me to not be with Greg during the week nights, but it makes me appreciate the time we have together that much more :)
What I'm looking forward to: With this weekend being the last one where we don't have plans for awhile, we decided to take advantage and go away for a night!  We are heading up to Semiahmoo and are both looking forward to a little relaxation (and golf and a trip to the spa) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment