Friday, July 22, 2011

32 Weeks!



How far along: 32 weeks
Weight gain: 23 lbs

How big is baby: 3.75 lbs and about 16.7 inches long.  My source says that the baby is going to start gaining about 1/2 a pound a week now, and that 1/3 - 1/2 of his total birth weight will be gained in the upcoming weeks.
Maternity clothes:  My full panel maternity jeans arrived this week, so it's been nice to have a more comfortable pair to wear.  I am officially done with purchasing new "maternity" clothes now.  It's been fun, but Greg reminded me how much more fun it will be to shop for "skinny" clothes once I'm back to my normal post-belly size, and I have to agree with him :)
Stretch marks: No.
Sleep: I'm dreaming almost every night - so strange!  This week I have noticed an increase in my night time bathroom runs.  I also have been waking up SO incredibly thirsty several times throughout the night, so I've made it a habit to keep 2 full bottles of water on my nightstand.
Best moment this week: I had a delightful prenatal massage this week, which felt awesome.  Greg has been working hard and has gotten a few more things done in the nursery, and I have purchased a few more items to hang on the wall.  I will save that for another post.  Otherwise this week has been pretty uneventful as I have been trying to take it easy and get over my cold.  I did visit my friend Shauna, who is due approximately 3.5 weeks before I am, and got to see her adorable nursery all put together.  I have to say, it kicked my nesting urge in BIG TIME and now it is all I can think about.  I want to get as much done as I possibly can RIGHT NOW.  I need to chill out.  (I always need to chill out).  Check out the picture of us below.  We constantly are cracking up over just how differently we are carrying our babies.  I told her that Bronson (her son) might have to be Ben's bodyguard ;)


Movement: All the time, and it seriously is starting to hurt more and more.  This week we tried playing a little Enya for Fetus Ben on Pandora Radio.  Greg thought it might settle him down a little, which it actually kind of did...
Food Cravings: I had been craving seafood mac and cheese towards the end of last week, and was able to satisfy that craving at Semiahmoo!  Otherwise, I really have not been craving much.  I have been more into just finding SOMETHING to eat and satisfy my hunger when it hits, so my desk is currently stocked up with chocolate mint zone bars, yogurt covered raisins, pretzels, etc.  The work fridge is also loaded with fruit.  It looks like I live there with the amount of food I bring in to the office.
Labor Signs: No
Belly button in or out: Out.  (It will go back in, right?)

What I miss: Being in control.
What I'm looking forward to: We are seeing Harry Potter this weekend with Lisa and my parents.  I'm also looking forward to getting a few nap in.

No comments:

Post a Comment