Friday, July 1, 2011

Dreaming of Baby

I hear all the time about how crazy your dreams can be while you are pregnant...but so far, nothing has seemed too out of the ordinary.  I don't tend to have weird dreams in general.  As Greg sleeps next to me, dreaming of packs of wolves chasing him and other types of random physical attacks, I tend to dream more about normal, every day things that happen - like arriving at work, answering emails, etc.  Boring?  Maybe.

Until last night that is.  For the first time since being pregnant, I had the WEIRDEST dream about the baby.  As I have mentioned in my weekly updates, Fetus Ben has been very active lately.  His kicks can sometimes hurt, especially when it feels like he is kicking in the exact same spot repeatedly.  I think that is where my dream stemmed from...

I dreamt that I was laying in bed, getting kicked non stop, and it felt like it was at the top of my right leg.  I looked down to see that he had somehow gotten his foot out of my uterus and down above my leg.  I could see the entire shape of his foot outlined under my skin and I had to physically shove it back up to where it belonged.  !!! 

Then, I looked down at my stomach and it was like looking through a window.  There I was, looking directly at my baby at 29 weeks, and he was looking right back at me.  I called to Greg to come and see him, and once he arrived he freaked out and how weird and kind of gross it was to see a non-fully-developed baby inside my stomach.  And then I cried that he didn't love our son.

And this morning when I woke up, while I totally remember every detail, I cannot remember at ALL what he looked like.

I'm sure he was super cute :)

1 comment:

  1. That was a doozy LOL! I love that you were mad that Greg didn't love his baby that he could see through your skin lol.

    The two strange dreams (that I can remember) 1. I gave birth to a dog. 2. Within just a day of being born, my baby was a walking, talking toddler.

    You look great by the way!! Love the maternity shirt.

    ReplyDelete